Wellton Elementary School

Frequently Asked Questions

We endeavor to build a strong relationship between school and home, and one of the ways we accomplish this is to make ourselves a helpful resource to our school parents and community. Check out these great resources on the pages below. 

When it comes to raising children, questions come with the territory! We’ve put together the answers to the questions we hear the most so you can get the information you need 24-7. If we haven’t answered your question here, please give us a call. We’re always happy to help.

How do I register my child for school?

If you’re new to the area and want to enroll your child in our school, simply visit our office to fill out the necessary paperwork. For more information about the documentation we require, please visit our Registration page.

Back to Top

Is there a bus service available?

Yes, we provide bus services to our students. We consider riding the bus a privilege and expect students to follow bus rules and behave appropriately while riding the bus. Please see our Transportation page for bus rules and route information.

Back to Top

What should I do if my child must be absent?

If your child must be absent from school, please call the school office and let us know your child’s name and the reason for the absence. When your child returns to school, please send a note explaining the absence.

Back to Top

Is there a dress code at Wellton Elementary School?

We require students of Wellton Elementary School to wear school uniforms. The school uniform consists of a solid color polo shirt or button-up shirt of any color and standard uniform shorts, pants, skirts, capris, skorts, or A-Line Jumpers. Please read our dress code policy for a complete set of guidelines.

Back to Top

What if my child needs to take medication while at school?

Ultimately, responsibility for a child’s medical treatment rests with the parent or legal guardian and family physician. We urge parents to work with their doctor to plan a medication schedule outside of school hours. If it’s an absolute necessity for students to take medication at school, we require parents and students to abide by our student medication policy.

Back to Top

How do I donate my tax credit money to the school?

All you need to do is download and print the form located on the Tax Credit page. Just fill it out and get it to us. You can make your contribution in person at our school, or you may mail the form to us. We’ll mail you a receipt for tax reporting purposes.

Back to Top